If you seek a wedding captured on soft sand with pristine ocean views or family photos with dramatic sunsets then look no further than the artists at Pacific Dream Photography. Rated one of Maui’s top resorts, the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort provides our photographers with lush grounds, unique architecture, and stunning Hawaiian views perfect for capturing all your wedding and vacation memories.
Viewing entries tagged
Hawaii maternity photographer
As a photographer, it is crucial to understand what makes a great photo. Here’s the good news, anyone can make a great photograph. The key to capturing great images is the consistency in each photo. Here at Pacific Dream Photography, we have compiled a list of qualities that make good photos great! Here are the six qualities that make up great photographs.
- Composition – Every image must have a solid composition and be organized. Composition is what attracts the viewer’s eye and keeps the viewer’s attention. Composing an image starts by arranging the objects or subjects, and placing them in a suitable place within the frame.
- Tells a Story – The best photographers tell a story through each image. Strong photos express a story and bring to mind a response from the viewer. As a photographer, it is important to step back and take the image from the viewer’s point of view. This keeps the photo original and tells the story more clearly.
- Lighting – Lighting plays a huge role in making a great photo. Lighting determines the atmosphere, tone, and overall mood of the image. A good photographer knows where to place the subjects, so that the light is just right. Great photographs contain well-lit subjects and a good temperature balance. Most importantly, a good photographer takes advantage of shooting at sunrise and sunset. Take a look at one of our earlier posts on why sunrise and sunset are the best times to shoot at.
- Creativity - What’s a great photo without the creativity? The secret to a great photo is the photographer’s creative edge. Yes, it is key to understand lighting, equipment, and composition, but without creativity everyone’s photos would look the same. Creativity is what makes a good photo a great photo!
- Timing - Timing is everything. The right sense of timing makes a great photograph. Capturing great photos start by snapping the shutter at the perfect moment. Often times, photographers miss the best moments. It’s important to always have the camera in ready position and be prepared at any given moment.
Written by Julia P. (Pacific Dream Photography at the St. Regis Princeville)