In Aloha you can see the beauty of nature, hear the sound of restless waves, and taste the hospitality of Hawaiian Islands. And what better way to enjoy a Hawaiian experience than by embracing its local food and culinary delights?
Viewing entries tagged
Big Island Photographer
A beach photo session doesn't have to ruin your vacation mood. We know you want to look great and share your photos with your friends and family. Don't be nervous, it's impossible to look bad on the incredible beaches of Kauai.
Many of the people who visit the Islands of Hawaii are first timers. Many are celebrating something special, and some just finally made the time to take the long vacation out. When most first experience Hawaii, its almost like experiencing a different country with a culture, traditions, and even a language that is completely foreign. Steve and Elen were first timers to Hawaii, and they dove right in.
Steve and Elen searched out the local cuisine, drove through the beauty of the aina, and even went to a luau to experience the culture of the Hawaiian Islands. Visiting us from Connecticut, and leaving their 6 boys behind, I can imagine that these two felt a renewed sense of youth and wonder exploring our island of Oahu. No doubt, a Hawaii beach photo session would allow them to continue to experience it for years to come.
Elen and Steve were guests at the Kahala Hotel & Resort on the south shore of Oahu. Lucky for them, it is one of the most beautiful sites on the island for a couples photography session. We spent a short half hour session with them walking the white sand beaches, and capturing their radiating love.
Its easy to fall in love with the island and not take the time to capture your Hawaii memories. In our experience, vacation passes way too quickly, so why not hire a vacation photographer to help you remember your visit and live it over and over in years to come. One thing I do know to be true, once you visit Hawaii for the first time, you will forever have an itch to come back.
- Written by Julia J. (Pacific Dream Photography at The Kahala Resort)
There's something about the Hawaiian Islands that bring out an array of emotions for those that experience the beauty of what it's magic has to offer. Often times, we see couples escape here to the islands for a memorable trip of a lifetime, and at Pacific Dream Photography, we are here to capture those special moments that you'll hang on to forever.
Upon meeting Matthias and Jasmine, their energy and love for one another beamed through their radiant smiles. The two had traveled from Germany to spend a week on the Big Island of Hawaii for a relaxing yet adventure filled trip. Little did Jasmine know, Matthias had planned his marriage proposal for Jasmine and a Hawaii photo session with Pacific Dream Photography to commemorate it.
On a warm sunset session with Pacific Dream Photography, Matthias and Jasmine let their love shine through our lens with a sunset to compliment the two on their engagement. From all of us at Pacific Dream Photography, congratulations to the beautiful couple! A Hui Hou! Until we meet again.
- Written by Samantha (Pacific Dream Photography at the Fairmont Orchid)
Group portraits are a fantastic way for friends and families to spend quality time together and capture unforgettable memories. Whether you're taking a much-needed family reunion trip to the islands or looking to update your photos of friends and loved ones, who wouldn’t want group photos on a lush beach in Hawaii to remember your time in paradise? Capturing photos of a large group can be a difficult task, but fear not! With some helpful tips; let our artists at Pacific Dream Photography make your group photo session a success by providing you with ever-lasting commemorations.
A relaxed photo is important, but a little direction is always a great key to ensuring a successful photography session. Most of the time a group will pose themselves naturally with tall people in the back and short people in the front. But if needed, feel free to take control of your group and position others in visually ideal positions. Here at Pacific Dream Photography, we like to make sure our subjects feel comfortable without feeling too forced, so loosen up and don't forget to take in the beautiful scenery!
When posing your group, place people according to families and couples. This makes it easier for everyone, as they are able to locate themselves easily when looking through their photos. If you'd like the session to be centered on two specific people, place them in the middle of the group.
It is very important to make sure that everyone's faces are visible. If they cannot see the camera, they will most likely not be seen in the photo! As a professional photographer, it is our job to scan the group and make sure that everyone is clearly visible. If one or more subjects are looking away, it may take away from a potentially perfect photo.
To avoid awkward spacing in group photos, use a wide angled lens and tighten up the frame. Closing in any unwanted gaps between individuals is a great way to unite your group. One effective technique is to tell your group to lean their heads in close together. Allow your subjects to hug and hold each other and be ready to capture big smiles at any moment.
You've both decided on forever and now it's time to begin the planning! Professional photos are a fabulous way to kickstart your engagement and we at Pacific Dream Photography want to capture your love for each other with a romantic photo session.
Whether you've had professional photos taken together before or not, it's always a good idea to first discuss what your vision is for your engagement photos. The key to a successful engagement shoot is to relax and let your relationship shine through the camera.
Candid photos provide for an endearing look into your relationship. Focus on each other and forget about the photographer! By capturing the two of you laughing, walking, or stealing a kiss, you'll be thankful for the authenticity of your Hawaii photos.
Now, what to wear? If you're planning to use the photos for your Save the Dates, perhaps you already have a color theme in mind. With that idea, you two can coordinate together to dress down for a more casual feel, or suit up for a more formal look.
Have fun, be yourselves, and your love will effortlessly shine through our lens for your breathtaking engagement photos. Lastly, don't forget to snap a stunning picture of the newest accessory on that finger! Your friends and family will thank you for it.
Photographing children is something that many photographers avoid. While it can be a challenge, here at Pacific Dream Photography, we have a blast! We are going to share a few pointers on how to take the stress out of photographing children. These simple tips will help you achieve natural effortless photos.
1. Be Prepared. Preparing for a session makes all the difference in the world. If an infant or toddler is joining the session, it's important to bring a few toys to keep them engaged. Bubbles are a great way to keep kids occupied during the shoot and will result in giggles and smiles all around. The right lens also plays a huge role when photographing kids. Having the right equipment and settings will result in better photos.
2. Have Patience. Photographing children requires patience and time. Some kids love having their pictures taken, while others may be camera-shy. Just roll with their behavior and don't force anything. Kids will have a great time if you simply hang out with them. Engaging with the child and building their trust will allow them to warm up to the camera! Ask questions, tell jokes, and find out what they are interested in. Be ready to snap pictures at any time. You never know when they might do something unexpected resulting in a fabulous photo!
3. Smiling Is Not What's Most Important. The goal is to allow kids to feel like they are right at home. When kids are comfortable they will share their personality with the camera. Kids possess an array of emotions, quirks, and funny faces. Sometimes asking kids to smile will result in the typical forced "picture day face." Here at Pacific Dream Photography, we like to capture authentic timeless moments. After all, real life moments are the most memorable ones.
4. Get On Equal Ground. This tip might require getting a little dirty (or sandy!), but thats okay! Remember you are working with kids! Standing over them will make them look even smaller, so It's okay to get down on your knees or even on your stomach! Getting down on their level will make you instantly more approachable. Photographing the world from a child's perspective can create stunning images with different angles.
5. Give Them a Sneak Peak! Children love to interact and see whats going on behind the camera. Sharing the images that you are taking can be very beneficial. It allows the child to be a part of the shoot rather than just the subject. Building a bond with the child will help you achieve more ideal results.
6. Get Close. Don't be afraid to get close to your subject. It is important to fill the frame with the child. Capturing their facial expressions will result in extreme cuteness! Choose the right backgrounds, making sure there are no distractions around the subject. Ideally, the background should look blurry and soft.
7. Get The Parents Involved. It's all about the family! During a session, parents are the key to a great shoot. Include the parents in the pictures. This will allow the child to relax and feel comfortable. Not only does this create beautiful images of the child, it creates memories for the whole family.
8. Be Funny. It's okay to be silly during a session. Don't be afraid to make funny faces, dance, make silly noises, and have a great time. Don't worry about getting the perfect image, candid shots are a better option when photographing kids. Most importantly, have a great time! When the photographer is having fun, the child will have a wonderful time.
- Written by Julia P. (Pacific Dream Photography at Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa)
Here in Hawaii, we celebrate 'Ohana everyday. The word itself not only translates from Hawaiian into the English term to family, but 'Ohana embodies a concept, as well. In the Hawaiian culture, it is the sacred everlasting bond you share with your loved ones- a bond you must always remember and never forget.
For this family, their trip to the Big Island of Hawaii this past summer was the perfect escape to reconnect with each other and celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of their loving grandparents. What better way to commemorate this milestone than to reunite with your kids and grandchildren in paradise?
We were given the wonderful opportunity to capture this beautiful family’s time here and provide them with memories they could take home and remember forever. The individual families traveled from all over the country to meet here on the Kona-Kohala Coast for a week of sun-filled activities and much-needed relaxation.
The family chose the popular sunset time for their photo session. All 15 members arrived at our studio, spreading a contagious energy of laughter and excitement throughout room. With the grandkids ages ranging from 6-19, their photo shoot was filled with play, singing and even some choreographed dancing!
Going through the final photos of their session, we're overwhelmed with how much love this Ohana has for one another as it showed effortlessly through their collection of memories.
written by Samantha (Pacific Dream Photography at The Fairmont Orchid)
To see even more photos like Pacific Dream Photography on Facebook!