1. Your camera acts as a visual journal. Your camera gives you the ability to capture beautiful moments while you travel, which is an amazing gift. You will be able relive these moments every time that you flip back through these pictures.
2. Having your camera with you a great way to meet people. They might not always admit it, but people often love being on camera and having someone around who can capture great moments during a trip is a huge plus. There is a huge industry even based on travel photography. Don’t be surprised when people see your camera and start a conversation with you! One minute you're talking, the next you’re hiking through the maui jungle with your new best friend!
3. Make some money along the way. Looking for a cheap meal while globetrotting? Talk to local restaurants and offer them a culinary shoot in trade for a meal. There are a ton of ways to trade services for your photos! Be sure to brush up on your food photography or building interior skills!
4. Taking photographs can help you be more aware of your surrounding. When you’re on the search for the next perfect shot, your senses will adapt to be more heightened to your surroundings. You’ll notice that you are more capable of scoping out beauty, which will further enhance your travel experience. Beautiful scenic landscape photography is only accomplished when the photographer is on constant high alert for the perfect conditions.
5. You’ll have high quality photos that are better than cell phone shots. Now that everyone on the planet seems to have a camera with them at all times, you’ll feel confident knowing that you’ve got the power of a real camera behind you. Or if you don't, one of our favorite cameras for travel is the Canon 6D.
Written by James H. (Pacific Dream Photography at the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel)